Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Stuck in Jakarta international airport

Got ripped off and paid three times street price for a noodle soup at the domestic thermal and then stuck in the international terminal waiting for checking in with Philippines airline 3 hrs later for my red eye flight. Finally found a chair to dose for 1.5 hrs and checked in. It turned out that my ticket repaid the departure tax, so I sold my Indonesian $ to a Philippine who had to pay the tax. It was win - win. Then I used the remaining Indonesian money for an over-priced cake to give to my couch surfing host in Philippines and the little cash went to the donation box. I never keep any currency when departing the country except Taiwan, US and China.

The airline changed the terminal at the last minutes so I ran like crazy to catch boarding. There were plenty of empty seas so I lied down and slept soundly for 3 hrs over 3 seats. The airline also surprised me with a delicious while fish meal, wonderful dessert and beer. Ok, I forgave their changing of terminals.







No comments:

Post a Comment