Wednesday, April 15, 2015

12 hr layover at the Manila international airport

The Ninoy Aquino International Airport is the Philippines´ primary international airport. It is generally regarded as the worst airport in Asia, especially for transferring passengers. Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4, are not internally-connected, and require actual drive through the crowded city streets on taxis/jeepneys. The airport shuttle took 1.5 hrs to get from terminal 3 to terminal 1, do I got a free city tour.  To my surprise, the shuttle costed 20 pesos, so I revenues 4 pesos donation from a fellow passenger to save 550 pesos of international terminal fee.
I chatted with my new friend flying back to NYC, then tried to sleep a little before Air China checking in started at 3:30 am. I would rather camp in this freezingly cold airport terminal with no wifi than rushing in the city traffics. I put on everything I have as if hiking in the indonisian mountains. Everyone here was shivering. 
I was very tempted to find a hotel room 20-30 minutes away from the airport, but finally decided to tough it out at the terminal. Finally got my boarding pass and was told that my ticket included terminal fee already. Now using the 550 pesos to eat my late dinner/breakfast, maybe a beer.







No comments:

Post a Comment